Sunday, March 01, 2009

24 weeks


Wow...can't believe it's been a month since I posted...I must've been so busy! (haha) I guess things have been moving along nicely for the most part. The first month after starting my 17p shots went really well. I noticed a difference that seemed to improve each week. For some reason the day before I was due for my fifth shot I started having some mild cramping and some more contractions. I figured it was because I was due for another shot but even after having that shot the next day the following week I felt about the same. Mild cramping, quite a few contractions and a general feeling of tightness, especially at night. So rest seems to help and it has been hard. Life seems to keep getting in the way :) but I am so excited to be at this point and that time hasn't been standing still like I thought it might!!


I saw the doctor this past thursday and he told me what to watch for and when to come in or call. So I will keep taking it easy (which is a little easier during the week when the girlies are at school) and hope for another good month. I feel like it might be here before I know it. (28 weeks...woohoo - can't wait). Plus, the doctor made me promise not to have the baby in the next month so I guess I won't :)


I told Brad the other day that so much of my thoughts / time is spent on trying to stay pregnant that I sometimes forget or lose sight of the fact that in few months we'll have a little baby sleeping in our room and cuddling with us! WOW! It's kind of surreal. Maybe also because until I am at this point in the pregnancy I always wonder if I'll even make it this far. Well, here I am! Hopefully another month or so and we can really start planning and buying a few things. Can't wait!


No comments: