Saturday, January 31, 2009

HALFWAY :)



Well, I guess monday, being 20 weeks, makes it the halfway point. Okay...no laughing, I allready know I am more than halfway. I keep telling people that it would be funny if I made it to full term this time and they had to induce me or something! DH (dear husband) just laughed and said he'd bet a hundred mil against that. Maybe I should take him up on it...well, only if he has a that kind of cash under the mattress that I don't know about LOL!!! :)




So, it does feel nice to be at this point in my pregnancy. I remember wishing I was this far (kind of the first mini goal). Now I can't wait to be at 25 weeks ;)




Surprisingly, the last four weeks have gone quite well. They have not been without the ups and downs that we are used to but I have kept quite busy and time has been moving along at a nice pace. It doesn't seem that long ago that I quit teaching and had to lay down but with much prayer for patience things have been going well. Between online scrapbooking, email, good books, visiting with great friends and surfing (the web that is) :) I have stayed relatively entertained. Our spirits in the family are generally good and everyone is helpful when they need to be and willing to pitch in with the extra work that I am not able to do.




Medically, I have had two weeks of 17P shots and they seem to follow a bit of a pattern where they peak for a few days and then some of the cramping and contractions and tightness come back. When I need to I am taking 600mg of ibuprofin (Motrin) as per doctors orders and that seems to settle things down again after a couple of hours. My OB thinks that because the shots seem to be helping a bit that over the next few weeks because it is a long lasting hormone, I should see less of a peak and more of a leveling off. But, he says, we'll wait and see because nothing is for sure and everyone's body reacts differently. At this, I thank God that He is in control and knows all things and works them together for our good! If it were up to us and the world of medicine to figure it all out we would be totally helpless.




I had my "halfway" ultrasound this past monday and the babe was moving and kicking and was growing at just the right pace!!! Yay!! Sooo cute! I love having those ultrasounds and seeing that new little life just so perfect, floating around inside. It's neat to see the feet kick and then see it on the screen! AND, NO I did NOT find out if it's a girl or a boy!! It was a hard decision but between my mom and my kids who all did not want to find out, I decided it would be easier to not know and be part of the guessing game with them. Way to much pressure for me to know and not "blow it" and spoil the surprise for them! :)




Well, that's it I think, I'll add more if there is anything else new and exciting I remember that I wanted to share but thanks for reading so far :)




No comments: