Friday, January 09, 2009

A Little Bedrest...


Well, the time has come ((allready)) to start a little modified bedrest. I had my cerclage surgery three weeks ago and after a few days of bedrest I was up and around a bit more. Things were going quite well but after a busier weekend and starting back at school this weeks that changed. I was experiencing more cramping and contractions and since I am only 16 weeks this is definately not what I was expecting. I was hoping to keep teaching for a while still but I have learnt many times over that our plans are not always His plans. So now, as of yesterday I quit teaching and am now resting on the couch. Things are better today I would say...my body feels more relaxed which is the result I was hoping for. I would love to avoid having a trip to the doctor or L & D at St. Jo's this weekend. I have also been surrounded by wonderful friends and family that have been very willing to lend a hand where it's needed. I appreciate all the help...takes some added stress from the situation and keeps our spirits up at home!


I will miss teaching the rest of the year! I enjoyed my classes and my wonderful students. It's not a nice feeling to leave them halfway through the year but the school has also been blessed with a substitute on short notice. She is fluent in spanish, though not a teacher, and is willing to give it a go for a few weeks and see how she likes it. I plan on having a little bit of continued involvement with her to help the transition go smoothly.


So for now, I am on the couch, resting, typing, facebooking and all those important things. Hopefully I will start with some digital scrapbooking soon and then I should be feeling a bit productive during this time of incubating :) I remember organizing all my photos during one of my pregnancies ( I think it was with Braden) and so it's been a few years and time for a little attention there anyways!


Please keep our little one in your prayers...and our family as well that we will be blessed with patience.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know we're praying for you. Glad you're relaxing today. I'll call you later. Brian and Joyce