Wednesday, April 15, 2009

30 weeks!




Wow - 30 weeks! I am so thrilled to be this far along. I know the next month or two won't be that easy but hey we're getting there. It's a bit surreal almost to think of a new baby in the house. We are all getting very excited about this fact :)

Last week we had spring break with the kids and although busy with everyone home it was a great week. Lovely weather, the bathing suits came out a couple of days and the sprinkler was on! We also took a family trip to Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. I know what you're thinking...should Kristi really be doing all the walking but DON"T worry...Brad was oh so happy and eager to push me in a wheelchair all day! What a hoot! Ah well, it was worth it. The kids loved the zoo, it's so well done with lots of animals. The weather had cooled down a bit by Friday but there was no rain so we were happy.

On the way back from Seattle we made a little stop at Babies 'R Us and bought a new pack 'n play for the new little babe. The kids were super eager to set it up and for the last week now it has been used as a doll bed! Shayna is busy practicing with the attached change table and the baby bassinet. How fun!

On sunday we had both our parents over for Easter dinner. They did most of the preparing and clean-up which was lovely. However, even so, I started having lots of contractions...which so you know, have been increasing for the last week because of the new medication I strated that doesn't seem to work as well as the motrin. The contractions were coming every 5 min or so and so I layed down for a while and drank some water to stay hydrated. They did slow down and I just went to bed early that night. I did not sleep that well, lots of cramping and so the next morning I called the on call doctor. He said to go to Labor & Delivery to be monitored. We headed over there just after lunch and had a lovely afternoon hooked up to the baby monitors and even had an ultrasound :) I was contracting every 10 min but with an extra dose of meds they were able to slow them down quite a bit. I went home a few hours later and am now supposed to double my dose of nifedipine at night to 60mg and still 30mg in the morning. It seems to be working the last few days so we will continue to pray for another month or six weeks of relative uneventfullness in this pregnancy.

As much as I love the nurses and doctors at St.Jo's we do prefer to spend our quality time together at home doing other things :) Hopefully that's where were able to be for the next while yet.

Thanks for your prayers, and all your care and concern!

No comments: