Monday, December 22, 2008

Here we are...Again :)

Well, I've noticed that it has been, oh, about 15 months since I wrote on this blog but for fun (or should I say boredom...since I am on bedrest for a few days) I have decided to continue blogging.


Here is our news...since, bedrest and cerclages and doctor appointments and round the clock motrin was so much fun the last few pregnancies we've decided to stress our families and our wonderful doctor out one more time!! Here I am - 14 weeks pregnant. Happy to report that I've had my cerclage surgery a few days ago that went (relatively) well and am now doing a few days of bedrest and motrin to keep everything calm and relaxed. Today...day 3 after surgery I am feeling way less "crampy" and things seem to be headed in the right direction. I will see the doctor again next week and the week after when school starts again I should be able to keep teaching in the mornings. Doc said that he'll allow the teaching and some other light activity (that of course wouldn't include vacuuming or scrubbing, right?) until about 24 weeks and would reasess at that point to make sure things are still going well. From about 24 weeks (almost 5 months) until 32ish weeks the doc will be very cautious due to my steady history of preterm labor despite cerclage. I have made it to about 30 weeks without too much labor with Braden and then started on round the clock motrin doses (about 12 a day of regular motrin). Hopefully we are blessed with a relatively quiet (dare I say...boring) pregnancy this time around. I'll try to keep you posted :) and please keep us in your prayers!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will certainly pray for you and your wee babe. May you have a blessedly boring pregnancy from now on.

Go_Dutch_Go said...

Sweet!!!!!

George van Popta said...

Best wishes, Kristi! May God make all things well.